Yesterday I blogged about 3 ideas for creating my own course and when I left work and drove into Manhattan for my Martial Arts course I could not stop thinking about my ideas. In my head I was developing out each course to see what would work best. I know all three will work but now I have to just pick one and run with it. The idea of creating my own course is very exciting for me. I always wanted to be a teacher and have a little teaching experience from my first Martial Arts School.
What I learned from that school was that being a Teacher has just as much learning involved as being a student. To teach I had to go over all the times I was a student and go through all the drills we did to learn a certain skill. Starting out at a slower, crawling type stage and than building on top of it and progressing to eventually walking and running stages, so to speak.
When it comes to Martial Arts you cannot just jump into the ring and start fighting. You have to learn the tools first. Than you use your tools in a slow, controlled environment. Than you start speeding up the environment. Than you take out the control so that you art sparring.
I think teaching anything in the classroom might be similar to this pattern.
No comments:
Post a Comment