Sunday, July 3, 2011

Take an online class

One idea we learned about in module 3 to become a better online teacher is to become an online student. Watching the you tube videos  two of the speakers, Chris Sax, and Ed brown, mentioned how important it is to go through the processs from the student perspective. If you cannot understand the perspective of the students in your class, what they are going through, what they are experiencing, their trials and tribulations, than you will be a lesser teacher. I think this is an important take away from module 3. And vice versa, in this module, we have learned to treat our students are teachers, and let them experience the material from our perspective, as the teacher.

This is one reason I am glad I am taking this class. I am killing two birds with one stone. I am having a student experience and I am learning skills to be a teacher. After the second module I felt so much more confident in my knowledge and experience as an instructional designing. The amount of knowledge I gained in such a short time in this class has been very cool and inspiring. I am excited to see what the second half of this course holds.

2

No comments:

Post a Comment